Glenmark Receive Regulatory Approval for Treatment of COVID-19. Indian Government has given approval to Glenmark India for Treatment of COVID-19. Now Glenmark will start work for Covid 19.
- Manufacturing and marketing approval granted as part of accelerated approval process, considering the emergency situation of the COVID-19 outbreak in India
- The approval’s restricted use entails responsible medication use where every patient must have signed informed consent before treatment initiation
- Favipiravir shows clinical improvements of up to 88% in COVID-19, with rapid reduction in viral load by 4 days
- Clinical improvement noted across age groups 20 to >90 years, including in patients with co-morbid conditions like diabetes and heart disease suffering from mild to moderate COVID-19
- Glenmark to market the antiviral under the brand name ‘FabiFlu®’
- Furtuta Y et al. Antiviral Res. 2013;100(2):446-54.
- Cai Q et al. Engineering (Beijing), 2020;10.1016/j.eng.2020.03.007
- Chen C et al. MedRxiv. 2020 Jan 1