Must try Gulab Jamun recipe by Masterchef Saneev Kapoor. Gulab Jamun is a favourite of Indian people and you can buy from all sweet shop. But you can prepare in your home.
Prepare Gulab Jamun recipe
Gulabi Jamun Recipe by Sanjeev Kapoor
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Milk
- 1 1/2 Cups Khoya (Hariyali Mawa)
- 1 1/2 Cups Grated Cottage Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Refined Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cornflour
- 1/4 Teaspoon Soda Bicarbonate
- 1/4 Teaspoon Green Cardamom Powder
- Ghee/Oil To Deep Fry
- Step 1. Take non-stick sauce pan and Add sugar along with 2 cups of water and prepare sugar syrup. Add some milk half way through the process and clear the syrup by removing the scum, if any.
- Step 2. Add khoya and grated cottage cheese to a plate and mix well.
- Step 3. Add to it refined flour, cornflour, soda bicarbonate and green cardamom powder.
- Step 4. Heat sufficient ghee/oil in a kadai to deep-fry.
- Step 5. Knead everything together with a light hand making a soft dough.
- Step 6. Divide the prepared dough into equal portions and shape into balls.
- Step 7. Deep-fry the prepared dough balls on a low temperature till golden brown.
- Step 8. Drain and soak in the sugar syrup immediately and leave them there for minimum 15-20 minutes before serving.
- Step 9. Garnish with chopped pistachios and serve.